This year, I’ll be testing out a new Christmas cocktail in my kitchen – the Lillet Blanc Citrus-Thyme Apertif that I discovered by Athena Calderone. It sounds delish, and easy enough to make.
You must try it!
First, gather all the essential ingredients below. Then, follow the simple instructions and spread some Christmas cheer(s)!
- 1 ounce fresh citrus juice —blood orange, meyer lemon, or lime juice
- 2 ounces Lillet Blanc
- 1/2 ounce gin
- 2 sprigs thyme, and some extra for garnish
- a pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to a shaker.
- Top with ice, cover, and shake until chilled, about 15 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with sprigs of thyme and a slice of citrus.
*I originally came across this recipe on EyeSwoon, by Athena Calderon.